Monday, August 1, 2011

Brazilian Wax!

Recently I've been hearing a lot of women getting confused with what a Brazilian wax is. I want to un-confuse you all and give you the 411 on a Brazilian.
Waxing is a preferred method of hair removal over shaving. When you wax unwanted hair it pulls the hair straight from the root which leaves your skin smoother, exfoliates your skin, and also makes the results last A LOT longer. When you shave, you cut the hair at the top of your skin and the hair will grow back a lot quicker.
When receiving a Brazilian, your Esthetician will remove hair from the front all the way to the back. You can ask to leave a landing strip, or triangle, if you do not want to be completely hairless. When getting a Bikini wax, the Esthetician will only remove hair outside your bikini line. Brazilians are done in a private room, with closed doors. The service could take from as little as 15 minutes to an hour. Your Esthetician will either use hard wax or soft wax, she will apply it to your skin and quickly pull off the strip. If she is a good Esthetician she will then press on the area that the hair was removed to dull the pain. Your technician may also put your legs in odd positions so the skin will stay taut, she may even have you use your hands to help her keep your skin tight. Don't worry, its normal! :)
I won't lie & say Brazilians do not hurt, they do! The back hurts less than the front! Hehe. Now, how much it hurts depends on your own pain threshold. I know women who take naps during their Brazilians! The more coarse your hair is will also contribute to how much it will hurt. From what clients have explained to me and personal experience I feel the pain is bearable & its the initial few strips that hurt because you do not know what to expect. You may become red, and be a little bumpy afterwards but it should go away between a few hours to a day. When you get home take a warm shower, lightly wash off any excess wax or oil using your hands, not a wash cloth or loofa.
*Remember!!! Estheticians do this for a living. They see many vaginas everyday, so don't be embarrassed. Its like going to see your gynecologist! :)*
When looking for a Esthetician, word of mouth is the best way to go! Find someone you know that gets Brazilians regularly and ask them to refer you. Also, make sure the salon is clean, you do a consultation before the appointment & the technician does not double dip! She/he should be using a new stick after EVERY dip of wax.
Hope this cleared some things up for you guys!
I totally recommend Brazilians!

Love & Waxing,
Hannah Lebron

2 comments:

eggiepuff said...

Hi Hannah !! OMG I did my 1st a few months ago talk about embarrassing I was full on trippin lol. But I got through it like a trooper hehe. Miss Mary said I was her 1st client who "meowed" she said most just swear 1 even threatened her bodily harm. She said after 3 pulls the journey was over lol she pulled the plug on that Lady end of story.

Vinod B said...

If you are looking for a quick, inexpensive but professional Brazilian Wax in Singapore, http://quickzilian.com is the best place. A Brazilian WAXING is a bit like a bikini wax, but your pubic hair is removed from in every single place.