Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Beach Makeup Tips!

Planning to be hanging by the pool, going with friends to the beach and hanging out in the sun this summer? Well, I got some great beach-worthy tips you ladies can use to make sure you're looking great ALL summer!

Waterproof makeup! There are millions of different waterproof makeup out there. You can find waterproof eyeliner, mascara, creme eyeshadow, even bronzer. 
Summer-ish makeup is associated with a more natural, bronze-y look. I would skip the black eyeliner & go for a lighter, softer liner color (preferably a brown color). For mascara, go for a waterproof mascara OR, you can put vaseline on your lashes and lightly clump them together for a more defined look. The vaseline will stay on even if you jump in the water & will condition your lashes. Make Up 4 Ever makes a creme shadow that will be great if you know you'll be swimming. I would pick more orange, browns, light shimmery, coral colors. When applying your waterproof bronzer make sure to concentrate on the parts of your face that'll catch light the most. For example: cheek bones, above your brows, down the middle of your nose, and your chin. 

Tinted Moisturizer! Tinted moisturizer is made by almost every makeup line & they all contain SPF. Tinted moisturizer is light, not cake-y & will even out your skin tone without all the heavy makeup. If you have blemishes or dark circles you want to cover, apply concealer UNDER the tinted moisturizer. I've been using E.L.F's tinted moisturizer (which is only $3!) but i've been hearing great reviews on MAC's tinted moisturizer. I will probably go out & buy that next. 

Lip Balm! Skip the lipstick & gloss and go for a tinted lip balm with SPF. Burt Bee's have awesome tinted lip balms from pinks to bronze, shimmery colors. They also contain menthol & leaves your lips feeling tingly & cool. 

And last, but not least, the best advice I can give you is to USE SUNSCREEN! Other than preventing skin cancer, the sun is the cause of 90% of wrinkles! Have you seen those older woman that are super tan & have wrinkly, saggy skin that looks like leather? Well, thats what too much sun & not enough protection will do to you! Eeewww :/ haha. 

Hope you all have a awesome summer! 
Love & tanning, 
Hannah

2 comments:

Gaby Fauchon said...

Great tips! I don't use makeup at the beach though, only sunscreen (:

Unknown said...

Great tips! Especially SUNSCREEN! Take care girl!